Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Taking my Work for a Ride

Since my first year as a teacher, I have been taking my work for a ride. At first it was essays, worksheets, plan books, grade books, novels, and more...Over the years, the bag got bigger, then smaller, then bigger again. Every school bag ended up torn by the weight of all that didn't need to be carried.

And here it is again. My work laptop comes back and forth with me. Every afternoon I have aspirations of greatness. Somehow I see myself sitting at our beautiful desk at home and working away while music drives me forward. It's an incredible vision. It's also a vision unfulfilled. Some days it's easier than others to be realistic and leave the work at work, but until the visions fade away, my work will see more miles than many people's cars!

No comments: