Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba!

Yo Gabba Gabba is a show on Nickelodeon. It is a little bit psychedelic, at least the characters are! I had never heard of it until one of my teacher friends was supposed to dress up as one of the characters for Halloween. I think the premise is that music and dancing helps build the confidence and expressiveness of the characters and the viewers. I don't remember the trippiness of children's shows from when I was little. Did I block it all out? Or was puppetry enough for our imagination?

As crazy as it is, I love how it gets the children to sing and dance. It helps me remember that the way I learned is not how all children learn. I need to keep that in mind-even when teaching the adults. I don't think I will wear crazy costumes and dance, but the thought will be there to modify as needed!

No comments: