Friday, August 8, 2008

A driving experience

To get away from technology integration for just a few minutes...Yesterday I went with my husband up to Summit Point, WV for the Audi Driving Experience. It was FUN! I didn't think I would spend the day enjoying myself. I thought I was there for moral support and a person to keep him from driving up there alone. WELL! I was wrong. Stephen had the opportunity to drive a new 2009 A4 on a track and then do a comparison drive of comparable models from Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes. I could have done the same but I was scared. Something about high speed turning in a car that isn't mine just gave me a nervous tummy. BUT I did get to ride with the instructor in the lead car and that was uber fun! I got to ride along as he instructed the drivers behind us (including Stephen) in navigating the turns and looking ahead/anticipating the ride and staying together, etc...and while he did that, he managed to drive the super beautiful Audi S5, hold the radio he was using to instruct, listen to a second radio from a control point that connected all of the instructors, and maintain an interesting conversation with me. Talk about multi-tasking! Matt, the multi-tasking instructor, is a rally car driver with a calm driving demeanor and a good sense of humor. We managed to get a laugh about how our jobs are similar in teaching adults about new things and how 'interesting' that can be! It was very fun. I'll share a picture and links later but it was very very fun. Did I mention that I had fun? And if you think I had fun, you should talk to my husband. He had LOTs of fun, excepting the fact that his wife was in the car with a cool Audi instructor just one car ahead! LOL :)

No comments: